Thursday, May 28, 2009

Closed Chapter

When results was out on monday, you have no idea of the mad circus that goes behind it. I got to know about it when crossbun called me frantically. However, at that time, I was working. I'm indisposed to answer calls.


So what I do was, I secretly text her asking bout her call. Then she told me about the result's out etc. As happy as I was for able to check my result finally, but alas, I was working, hence indisposed. Undeterred by my predicament, I asked her bout her result; was it good? bad? was it better than expected? or was it within her expectation?


And this is her exact reply: "Good.. it was better than i expected! I'm beyond words... ;)



It kinda boost me up hearing that. Firstly, I'm so happy for her because she totally deserved it. Secondly, I hoped her good fortune will rub on me too so that I can get as good result as her. It kinda give me a preparation before I can go home and check the result.



So finally I was home and logged on to the computer. There I was so ecstatic about the whole result thing and BAM! I can't logged on to my uni website portal! Damn!


I've tried logging on to other websites such as Facebook, Email etc. everything else was working fine. So it is definitely my connection problem because my internet connection seems to be in perfectly working order.


Then My girl was calling and asking bout my results and we chatted for awhile. She too was anxious bout my result. She offered to check my result for me but i declined. Simply because I want to be the first to see my own results with my own eyes. I don't know why, but it has been this way since years ago.


After I've seen it, then I don't mind telling others bout my result. I guess I want to keep the suspence for myseld haha! Is it just only me? Or do others feel the same as me?


So there I was trying the whole night to logged on to my uni server with futile result. I tried again the next morning. WTH??!!!! I can't even logged on to the internet because there's no internet connection!!!! It seems that SOMEHOW my telephone line went dead!


Stress! Stress!! Stress!!!! STRESS!!!!!!!


I called up Rachel to see if I can check my result at her place and after lunch, I went over to her BF house. Finally, I was able to check my result. Phew!


What can I say? I am contented with my result. It does not exactly make me feel as though I'm beyond words or anything, but I guess it's within my expectation. Or better yet, it did not fully hit my target but I'm happy nontheless. Really contented. I'm at peace now.



Just as predicted by Mary, everyone seems to get quite good results this time. Almost everyone did well. Some even went beyond it.


All in all, result's out and now we can finally closed this chapter of study+exam in our lives. We should find peace with it, and move on with the next chapter, the working life.


Speak of next chapter, I have an interview set at tomorrow morning. BUT I am so under prepared now. It is so sudden that i only got the news today and I don't have time to prepare anything at all! I have not photocopy anything at all to save my life and I'm running out of time. I still have to work today, so getting everything ready today is out of the question!




I'm so not ready for the working world.




The world is so not ready for me...

No comments: