Thursday, May 14, 2009

I got a job!

Hahaha don't let my title freak you out. What i really meant to say was that I found a job, a part-time job to be specific. Hahaha really not the real, real 9-5pm kinda job. With my current predicament, it is hard to find real proper job. Yet.


Moi, currently is working as a part-time tutor (err soon to be tutor) at a learning centre. All thanks to Rachel that got me the job easily. I went for the interview this afternoon (which did not take me more than 10 minutes really) and voila! I got the job! *ting!*


In fact, my job starts with immediate affect. i don't even have the chance to tell my mom. Like, how am I supposed to know that when the boss asked me when can I start and my shrug that means anytime and which she really take my word for it and she interpret it as now? Like I will know? Duh!



But then, I am available lar to be fair. Still, it strike me off balanced lor. Kinda surprised of course not to mentioned, I think i kinda overdressed there. Apparently when Rachel says "smart casual" she really mean "casual" -.-"


Oh, did i mentioned that my current employer sounds like some Digimon Monster? Hahaha it has a cool effect but as I read the history, it's actually the founder's surname -.-"
of course I didn't mean that the founder is a Digimon Monster, how can you even think of it? *eyes open big big*




So my first day as a book marker (yet to be upgraded to tutor) brings two revelations:

1) It is trying to sit uppity right straight for the whole day. My spine really hurts now. Stiff and sore. (Can't slouch, cuz its so ugly *-*")

2) Whoever thought that marking books will be that much a challenge? Please don't underestimate it man! My hand are now sore for having to maintain at "certain" position whole day.



On the brighter side, it's quite near my house (10 minutes drive) which i can even drop by home for dinner everyday if I want (which i really did today haha) and I only need to work FOUR days a week!

How cool is that????



The pay is not bad also lar considering it's part time job and short working hours compared to many other jobs. It's relatively quite simple as well and I can practically take leave anytime I want provided I give them notice earlier.


See? Win-win situation for me since i need to take a few days off for my graduation trip. Which real companies that offer real, stable job will allow its employee which is still under probation to take leave so that she can enjoy her graduation trip you tell me?



Aaahhhhhhh, now you get the picture ^^


*******************************


On a random thought, even my mom's physician in encouraging me to enter the teaching profession. Unfortunately, moi don't have much patients with kids. Nice, smart and good kids nevermind lar, but naughty and loud ones? Just take a knife and kill me first before i kill them! I really can't stand kids that screams at the top of their lungs which is often misinterpret as crying/wailing whichever you prefer to call it.

It. Is. A. Scream. OK? Just accept it!




Imagine if I enrolled in a school and they give me the lousy class, I wonder who would die first? me or the students??? Hmmm........... *ponder ponder*


I think I die first lar.

Course there's only
me one lone ranger against one whole blardy class of monkeys (if not more) *shudder at the thought*



So I think if I still have options and alternatives, I won't jump to that profession. At least not yet. I need physical and mental preparation which might take time. A long, long time.

6 comments:

~SiMoN~ said...

wat learning centre is tat? I oso wanna enrol.. as a student. den u bcom my tutor.. haha

Shenny Lee said...

haha the oldest student i saw there are secondary student...u kinda over de age limit lar;p

next time send ur kids there la instead;p

~SiMoN~ said...

tat's wat i plan to do. but b4 tat i need to do QC 1st ma.. c u qualified anot.. haha

Shenny Lee said...

haha by the time u send ur kids there i d no longer work there lor, so i qualified anot is also out of the question rite?;p

~SiMoN~ said...

who kno? mayb u got stuck ther le? mayb u fal in love wit the job? or the kids ther? hahaha..

Shenny Lee said...

haha well said! then we shall see, won't we? ^^