Wednesday, January 28, 2009

CNY

~HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR~



This year CNY is more or less like last year's. Except that it's notably more quiet as the excitement just wasn't felt permeated in the air.


There's lesser fireworks compared to last year,


There's even lesser lion dance troop to be seen around,


and,

there's also notably lesser 'red' decorative stuffs hung everywhere.



Today i went visiting with my friends, and of course, being the typical Chinese, we must gamble. Usually just cards but occasionally mahjong as well. Not that we gamble on mahjong of course because most of us can't play a decent mahjong game to save our lives. Except selected few which are experts that always have to teach newbies almost every time the mahjong set was brought out.


This is because there's always a student or two that wanted to learn. Every time.

Without fail.


Except me.

Because i just don't think i'll know how to play even if our sifu are darn patient with a noob like me or talk til their mouth forms white bubbles. Trust me, i just can't comprehend it.



One thing that makes this CNY different from last year's is due to my FYP.

My FYP deadline just have to be right after CNY, which makes i just have to WORK during CNY! Like, during CNY everyone were just so happy and i worrying about my FYP deadlines.


This is terrible man!


Worrying about FYP deadlines and wondering if my marks will be deducted if i hand in late which i know i will because i just can't finish everything in a matter of days! I mean, come on, my interview is on friday, and i'm supposed analyze every info AND discuss about the findings?

You think i'm a freak meh?


I have life too you know? My life does not solely revolve around FYP okay?


Oh man, i'm so doomed now.


My life is so not okay.


Yeah, HAPPY chinese new year.



can i be selfish and not think about fyp? can i enjoy my CNY to the fullest? can i?

No comments: