Monday, January 5, 2009

Unconventional New Year

As i have said, i was really busy this couple of weeks. Especially the year end and the start of the new year. To prove it, I'll share with you guys something unbelievable.


I was so busy, that i don't even have time to hunt for my birthday present. That gift, was actually hid inside my room for at least FIVE days before my Big-Day arrived. My birthday present, was literally hanging below my nose and yet, i don't have the time to look for it...


It wasn't until Snoopy called at 12am sharp to wished me happy birthday that I actually remembered, "Oh yeah, it's my birthday already" -.-"


See how busy i was? -.-"


But then, i guessed Snoopy can't really hide anything from me because i found it even before he told me the exact location where he hid it. Trust me, I did not search for it before. It's just a hunch which turns out to be right *yippie*



Thanks dear for the gift


On a non related matter, The start of new year 2009 is not exactly smooth. Today morning (5/1/2009), at 2AM, (we weren't asleep yet) we were jolted when our ground shook a little and the windows rattled followed by a "BOOM" sound.


"What the-?"


My bro and I wanted to go out and investigated but mom says it's probably nothing so we went back to our room. It wasn't 15 minutes later our neighbour came and told us that there's a fire.


We was like, "FIRE???" (shrieking)


We rushed out to see and true enough, we saw red amber of fire and black and white smokes billowing out. Kinda like aurora light except with the interjection of "Boom" sounds every now and then.



Red amber we saw over the high roof




Whenever it explodes again, the amber shoot higher, and more smokes coming out



We rushed back in the house, packed all the important documents and some stuff, dump it in our cars and drove our cars out to park further, just like all of our neighbours. Did it all while i'm in my pajamas-.-"



Later, we found out that it's a junk car yards that caught on fire (i don't know why yet, let's read the newspaper shall we? IF it come out in newspaper la) Those letupan sound we heard were probably from those junk cars' oil tank.



The fire was far, but not too far away as the junk car yard was kinda like adjacent to my neighbour's factory. We were all quite worried because if my neighbour's factory caught on the fire too then the rest of us is in grave danger. It took the Bomba at least 4-6hours to completely put off the fire i think.



The fire, from afar




closer view



But luckily, by 6AM, everyone was relieved that the fire was under control (not completely put out yet) that we can drive our cars back to our house and sleep. Thank goodness nothing untoward happened.


This is one crazy night that i do not wish to experience again. Ever. Fire scare is really scary, as fire can engulf everything and leave ashes for memories. When i was packing, i felt like i wanted to take everything with me. Everything is important, but no, i can't take it all.


Well, i guess i can't travel light, eh?

No comments: