Monday, December 1, 2008

I know my rights!

Today hor, my mom woke me up just to get my J card. She happily call me continued my sleep as she went Jusco herself. Alone! How can??? How can she go without me??? hrrrmmppphhhhh!!!!!!!!!!



When she came back, she sees me grumbling, so she offered to go Jusco with me again! *weee!* Even that she have to casually dropped remarks like isn't i'm supposed to be studying for my exams bla bla bla?...Look, i only go to accompany her ok? she invited me ok? its so not the other round. I did not tempted her at all*fluttering eyes lashes madly*


Lo and behold, here's the exciting part! We went to a renowned pharmacy and checking out prices for some beauty products (girls mah!) when something caught our eyes! (fine we purposely searched for it, happy?) The price is good, definitely more worth it than other stores so of course buy la!


When the cashier scanned the item, the price shown on the machine is RM5 higher! Nabeh, think my money easy to cheat is it? So being a smart consumer, *ehem puff up my chest proudly* I talked to the cashier, nicely. Truly!




The conversation goes something like this:



Me: Excuse me, how much is this product again?

Cashier: RM4x.xx

Me: But the price tag there clearly shows that it is RM3x.xx

Cashier: ........somewhat dumbfounded, calling other people to check

A (rude) Malay promoter: Miss, this is the(expensive) price. The price that you have seen is no longer applicable because the promotion has ended. This is not our fault, I mean it is our fault, but you can choose to purchase it or not to purchase......

later she added that the promotion is for
Merdeka Sales.


She just dug her own grave! Merdeka Sales??? Hello??? Now is like, December. Christmas Sales d lor!!! Means how long they did not change the price tag?????


By then quite a number of people already lining up behind me and witness the whole incident.



Me: BUT this is the price tag shown!
Clearly, i refused to butt in. Think i am stupid is it? Of course they have to honor the lower price la, prick!


I even talk loudly with my mom, (in Chinese) that they are cheating people's money and have no intergrity and how i have my rights as a consumer which stated that i can sue them to NCCC or MDTCA. Even FOMCA! (Don't pray-pray arr).

I don't care if the whole world thinks i am a nasty customer (at times i can be) but here i am just practising my rights as a consumer! *chant: be bright, be right, smart consumer, fight for your rights*


Later, she called another lady, assuming is the supervisor of that shop, or even manager i don't know, retold the whole situation, and this nice lady, also a Malay, say they will honor the lower price. She was smiling all the way as she did the transaction. Genuinely. See, this is what i call good customer service!


That rude promoter keep talk loudly so that everyone can heard her, "Rugi lagi, Jual murah, rugilah".


Heck, as if i care! I was contemplating should i rebutt, but i think better off it. I don't want to stoop so low to her level. If she don't care about her image, i do.



Sometimes, there are solid reasons as to why some people forever stay where they are.


Attitude.


With those attitude, how can one go far? Don't get me wrong, i am not discriminating promoters, just
HER. I myself have been a promoter countless time especially during the school breaks or holidays to earn extra pocket money so i know how it feels to be a promoter. There is absolutely nothing wrong with choosing promoter as a profession, even long term profession, as i have many promoter friends up to now. We still keep in touch and are in good terms.


I don't anti promoters in general, just HER!


And of course, i feel very happy and proud of myself! It is so satisfying to be able to defend yourself instead of meekly get cheated i tell you. I deserved a pat on my back, don't cha think so? ;)



P/S: the conversation was actually conversed in BM, and i translated it to English for easier reading but I promised, the content is really absolutely the same. No changes or whatsoever has been made to the content. NONE whatsoever. The whole incident and conversation really happened in that way.

No comments: