Saturday, September 27, 2008

Penang, here i come!

Yes!!!!!!! at last i can have my long overdue holidays!!!! I am going to Penang this sunday woohoo !!!!! Pearl of the Orient, i am coming!!!


Okla i know its just Penang la nothing to shout about la. What to do? I am just a poor student ma, no money, passport pun takda, where else can i go wor? Can only go for holiday locally lor within peninsular Malaysia. Cuti-cuti Malaysia ma...Must support our country's tourism effort ma, must maintain our currency bla bla bla...*yawn~~ half-asleep with the ceramah d*



I've only been to Penang a couple of times in my life. Twice for work purposes and another time is also related to work where i was basically at the borderline of Penang and Perak. Since it was this close, we was like "what the heck! Might as well just go Penang makan as well" and poof! off we go to Penang just for the food *feigned innocent: i swear, the food called me to go de... blink blink*



To me, Penang is basically all about FOOD! Food food food and more food!

Although each time i was there for just a short period, i managed to sampled quite a lot of the local yummy yummy food there. Not a bad feat huh?
Seriously hor, i was in Penang just for the food. I'ven been to Penang Road eat their famous cendol, Pasar Air Hitam for the laksa (we Klang ppl called it asam laksa), a stall by the roadside that sells "ai yu ping" (sorry i dunno the road name for this), of course the ever famous Gurney Drive, Swatow Lane, New Lane and many many more that i have no idea where it is located (i don't think snoopy ever properly introduced the places to me, he just brought me there that's it) but the food is certainly delicious. A++



I have never been a tourist there. Until now, i am sad to say that i have never been to Kek Lok Si Temple before. Nor have i been to Penang Hill, or whatever heritage places that is a tourist-must-go places. But hey! I have been to Queensbay Mall and Batu Ferringhi! I have been there to buy some *ehem* DVDs. But that time, i didn't even know that there's a Batu Ferringhi beach there *doinkkk pengsan!*



So this time around, I am so gonna be a tourist! I am so gonna go to all the tourist hot-spots! Rae said that Penang have a UNESCO World Heritage Site which a local born and bred snoopy also not sure of is in Georgetown, the capital city. Psss, i tell you, snoopy wasn't even sure where the museum is located, he probably think that it doesn't exist hehe;p


I Googled and i found this site that explains further of this
Penang Heritage City


haha okla, i shall update soon of my outing in Penang when im back. Til then, adios!

No comments: