Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Me, an IT geek?


I am so very proud of myself. And also to whomever that create the wonder of world wide web, as well as Google. With it, I can do magic as well.



Just take for example, last week I have some difficulty accessing to my online 2D game. For some unknown reason to me, my laptop just failed to access to the web server, despite numerous attempted to uninstall, reinstall, not to mentioned copy the entire file from another computer.



It can function well on my bro’s computer, but not my laptop. That kinda make me depressed for like, nearly a week. The depression sunks deeper especially during the time when there is double exp event going on.



Just when I thought, enough is enough! I gotta take control of the situation myself. So I called up my friend, who’s a genius in IT see if he can find out the root of my depression. But alas, my friend is not free. About to embark on a weeklong holiday escapades with family.



For a short moment, I was thinking, “oh well, it’s okay, I’ll just wait for another week to fix my situation. No biggie”



But then my itchy backside gets the better of me. Out of some spur genus, I went and googled online to see if I can fix this mess myself! After several failed attempt at searching at the wrong area, I finally found it.



I finally found the “cure” to my depression. It was unbelievably easy, once you know how, and why. It was just some stupid security pre-setting from Window Vista which I have to manually made some changes to.



Seriously it was that easy. Just a few clicks away and voila! I can play my beloved game again.



Now, I am always eager to go home after work just to continue my game. Call me a game junkie if you must, but my current addiction will last me for a while.



p/s: my laptop is not designed for game, plus it’s like, 4-5 years old? So the RAM cannot support it to the fullest. I was toying with the idea of getting a new monster CPU, but then, reality bites! We are talking about moolah here-.-“



Something that I seriously lacked off right now.



Darn!

No comments: