Thursday, June 28, 2012

Haze Made My Mind Go Hazy Too~


Damn the haze!!!



I am back to feeling sick again!



For more than a week, I was constantly at war. My immune system was battling with viruses so rapidly that I have to keep adding “back up troops” 3 times a day.



It started with the feeling of hot. I knew I was feverish then but I persevere on. I continue to go to work like normal and pop panadol in due time. Very quickly, my fever subsided.



But Mr Cough lingers on. For a week, I was coughing and coughing and coughing so badly that I’m beginning to feel embarrass to go to work. I wouldn’t want to spread the germs to all albeit “sharing is caring”. though I don’t think any of my colleague will be particularly happy if I do



I tried my best to cough gently and, less noise, less frequently. It kinda works because not much people realised that I was even sick. It is either I’m too insignificant to be noticed or I managed to masked myself pretty well.



Unfortunately, I am someone who hates to take cough syrups. I can self-prescribe myself medications, but I just wouldn’t touch the cough syrup. Only for cough alone, I would turn to Chinese medicine. Normally, I am not a big fan of Chinese medication due to my mistrust of their credibility however, for cough, I personally think that swallowing black pills is so much easier than swallowing *raspberry* cough syrup.



Yuck!!!



Anyway, just when I thought the worse is over and I have won the battle, the taste of victory that still lingers in my mind  suddenly vanished.



Come Monday, and here I am, sick again.



I woke up and my throat felt parched like sandpaper. Then when I drove to office, I find the weather much too gloomy and instantly I knew that the haze has taken a toll to the worst. A few hours confined in my office cubicle had me feeling rather heaty and I just knew it. I knew I’m having fever all of a sudden.



Drink more water. I know.



I had been drinking tonnes of water but it doesn’t help. Not my fever nor my sore throat.



Throughout the day all I’ve been thinking was to go home and rest.



Naturally I didn’t do that, simply because I already spend a better part of the day at office. If I were to go for MC, it’s kinda a waste IMHO. So I tell myself that I will persevere until end of the day, and if I am still feeling shitty, I can then go to a doctor and get myself a MC for a good rest the next day.


No comments: