Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Life @ Fast Lane

Time flew....come this Friday and i'll be free again. Literally free.


Without knowing it, I almost cover for my A.M for 3 weeks. She's on leave due to personal reason so I have to relieve her work. This is our company policy to relieve another person's work when he/she is on leave.


In short, you may not be at office, but your work must still carry on. Say if you plan to go for a holiday, firstly get your colleague to help relieve your work for the period you'll be away. Then only you apply for leave. So, better treat your colleagues good heh heh heh ;p


The person that used to relieved her has tender resignation letter therefore my A.M need to find new people to relieve her. And yours truly was chosen.


At first, I was like, hey!!! I'm freaking new here. How on earth do these people think that I am capable of A.M's job??? Are you all nuts??? I've just reported to work barely a month ago!!!


That was three weeks ago.


Time really flies huh? Three weeks has passed. Just like that.


Three weeks ago, I was really nervous and worried endlessly. I worried that my inexperience will shine like a beacon for all to see. Then I worried that if people might snigger behind my back and well, badmouthed me. I seriously don't want any unnecessary attention.


Three weeks later, I am still surviving.


I must say, this unexpected job allocation really force me to mature faster. This is because I need to learn faster, do faster, grow faster and gain double experience faster.


My transition in this double workload is made easier by all the help and encouragement I get from most of my colleagues. Truly I feel blessed because everyone is really very kind with their words and helping hand.


Due to my inexperience, whenever I faced any situation, big or small, I keep asking around. All I did was ask, ask, ask, and ask. Most of the time, I really feel inexperience because whenever my colleagues give me a "solution" I'll be thinking, "wow, why can't I think of this before?"


Nevertheless, I really enjoy this challenge. Although I spend longer time in office than I used to, but I get a sense of satisfaction. Especially when my work get acknowledged. It really made my day.


Nehhh, I am not a workaholic. I still very much honor my code of conduct: Never bring work back home!


No comments: