Friday, June 22, 2012

Insurance Agent Sux!!!


Can someone please tell me honestly what does an General Insurance agent does? Yup, I am talking about car insurance agent.



Truth to be told, I have no idea at all. None. Apart from collecting money for insurance renewal, very promptly I may add, what else do they do?



Aren’t they the one knows best of laws and regulations and procedures and stuff when it comes to claims and accidents and all? Aren’t also they are supposed to give us the best advice/guide us on how to handle/proceed when it comes to the moment in need?



In my fantasy world (I know it is a fantasy now for even putting hope in agents!) I sincerely believed so. But now I know better. Apart from taking commissions and protecting their company’s pocket, they don’t give a damn to any policy holder.



Sadly, this happened to my family. My brother met with an accident early last year and subsequently a lot of things happened which I will not elaborate here…when we refer to our agent to make claims, then a lot of issues came up. Finally at one point, when my brother enquire further, the answer he get is “I don’t know”



Like is this even acceptable for an agent to say “I don’t know”? Like, can’t she (yes, a mature lady) find it out? Check with company or such?



No. She didn’t think so. In the end, my brother has to solicit a lawyer to act on his behalf to make claims on the party at fault. Naturally, once lawyer is thrown into equation, everything settled smoothly.


And promptly.



Oh, and now the agent says, since we have solicitor lawyer to make own claim, this has nothing to do with the insurance company anymore. To put it bluntly, this is not part of her job scope anymore. Her work is done! Though I don’t know what did she do in the first place.



Another case, again my brother met with an accident late last year, and the repair cost plus lost of use is claimed on the party at fault too. In order not to tempered with my car’s NCD (yup, he was driving my car then), we have to pay upfront to the service center, and then claimed back from the party at fault.



This my friend, is deemed not part of our agent’s jurisdiction either. According to her, if we want to expedite the payment and such, we need to chase them ourselves since we are not claiming our own insurance company, but as a third party claim.



So it means, all the endless phone calls to service center and also the other party insurance company is to be borne by ourselves. This has nothing to do with our agent.



It has been more than half a year and we have still yet to receive any payment. Through the wonder of Google, I did find out from forums that it takes forever to get paid and such hence most dubbed insurance company as leech – because they are all bloodsuckers!



Now back to square one: What does a General Insurance Agent do again? It seems like quite a lot of things are not “fallen under their jurisdiction” anyway.



Perhaps its just me, but I surmise that my agent sucks.



BIG time!!!

No comments: