Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fainting Spell

For the first time in my life, I fainted.


Yeah~ Like, really passed out.


On the street. Full of passers by.


So embarassing right? I'll never be able to go to pasar malam for quite a while now~


Last saturday started out as any normal Saturdays. We went out shopping, have lunches and stuff. Then came at night.


Definitely one of my most memorable night in my life.


We already bought movie tickets for Avengers (midnight show) so we went to pasar malam (night market) to have our late dinner. Halfway walking and my tummy started to feel ill at eased. But I thought it's okay, just nature call.


But as I was having fried koey teow, my tummy really feel bad now so I told President that let's make a move as I need to go to toilet. Only taking a couple steps, I started to feel violently ill.


Really, really sudden. No warning at all.


Suddenly my legs cannot support my weight and my vision gets dark. I was leaning heavily on President, concentrating really hard to put each step in front of me while I was sweating profusely. All I can hear is President keep asking, "are you okay?" "how are you?" "what's happening?" "can you walk?"


The next thing I know, I'm already sitting on the floor, albeit in a weird angle. More like, I kneeled to the ground. I've actually passed out for a second or two. Thanks to a nice lady (probably a vendor at the night market) and some other vendors who saw how President struggles to get me up, she generously came and help me up on a chair.


They offer medicated oil which Presidents help to apply on my temple. And it did kind of rejuvenate me a little. So who says that there are no good samaritans out there?? There are still good hearted people out there amidst the "face paced" world we lived in. I would like to take this opportunity to thanks all those who helped me unconditionally and may God bless your kind soul!!!


Okay, enough of digression.


A few minutes later as I feel a little stronger, I told President to bring me to toilet because ehem, I really need to go. Like, really, really need to go desperately.


The walk to the nearest loo feels like a climb on the Everest to me. I still need to lean heavily on President while sweating profusely like a pig, only to find BOTH toilet is occupied!!! Darn I really don't have energy to stand hence I squated right in front of the toilet.


When the lady came out from the toilet she probably had the shock of her life, as I'm sure I'm quite a sight to behold hurhur~~


President was afraid that I fainted inside the toilet that he called me 7 times, of which I only picked up one call. I was, in the toilet, you see~ lol;p


Seriously, I was sweating so much that anyone can mistaken that it's raining-.-"


Finally, I feel slightly better, with President's help I managed to somehow walked back to our car and find a nearby clinic to check on my condition.


Doctor can't find anything wrong with me as all my vital signs are normal:
I am not dehydrated
I am not anaemic
I have not caught fever
My response is normal

Okay, so maybe my blood pressure is lower than normal, BUT that can't mean anything. I was let go with some antibiotics for my slightly scrapped knee, I did flacidly slide down afterall (applied acriflavine to disinfect) and I am 25 bucks poorer.


Finally President came home and googled my condition. What happened to me is called  "vasovagal attack"


It is a common type of fainting and the factors could be due to stress, lack of sleep, overtiredness, dehydration et cetera et cetera....


 So, in order to get more rest, I was forbid to watch the Avengers-.-"


Darn, I wasted two good tickets! -.-"  iwasconfinedathomebypresident




No comments: