Thursday, January 13, 2011

Retail Therapy

There's this weird habit of mine that I never given it a thought until yesterday. You see, everytime I went out shopping and buy new clothes, I don't immediately wash it and wear it, like the next day.


In fact, what I normally do is I'll put the shopping bag/plastic with the purchase (tag intact) aside at some corner in my room. Until when I feel like it, then I'll search for it and wash it before wearing it.


This is customary for me to wash all my new clothes (lingeries especially) prior to wearing. I find it more hygienic this way. Who knows how many people had tried on the shirts that I just bought?


I think this started eversince I read a forward mail that claims a lady's boob was infested with weird unknown "worm" that were gross to the max!!!!! I do not know whether the photos were real or doctored, but a close up photos of the "infested area" was so gross that the image haunted me for nights.


I don't think I really forgotten about it. Thank God the image is hazy in my mind now or I'll shudder each time I involuntarily think of it. I'm having goosebumps now as I type.


Okay, so back to my problems at hand.


I never once thought that I will have any problem with my little habit as I can always keep track of my purchases. I know what I pay my hard earned money for. I definitely do, don't I?


Apparently, I do forget over time. Must be the age factor. Really, what else can it be? It can't be that I bought too much! Nonsense! There's no such thing as too much. Ho Ho! I am a sensible shopper who buys necessary stuff only.


I do think before I buy okay? i don't indulge in buying like a headless chicken okay???? I consider myself as a sensible shopper *weeee*


So anyway, as yesterday I take out part of my purchase for washing, I realized that there are some "items" which I have conveniently forgot I actually bought! In fact prior to this I was still lamenting that I do not have enough long sleeves shirts for my trip abroad. I have "calculated" wrongly.


Suddenly, my collection of long sleeves shirts are sufficient. You see, I almost never wear any long sleeves shirts save for school uniform or formal business attire. I always thought I looked gawdy in long sleeves therefore I never bother about it. After all, Malaysia is warm enough not to wear long sleeves anyway.


Many years ago, I bought a long sleeves black shirt once as I was going to Genting at night with friends. I looked horrible in it. Suffice to say, I never wore long sleeves shirt anymore.


Let's hope as the years gone by, I will look relatively decent in long sleeves shirts now. Eversince I started watching Korean dramas again, I was mesmerised by the actresses' attire which were mostly long sleeves since Korea is pretty cold.



To be truthful, this year my goal is to change my image. My current admired image persona is Jang Nara in "Wedding" drama. I wanna be as cute and dress as well as she ^^v

No comments: