Thursday, March 29, 2012

Me @ Work

I have started work with my new employer for a week. Unfortunately, I even gotta work on Saturdays. Alternate Saturdays for half day. And my first Saturday is a working Saturday hurhurhur….so happy hor? -.-“

Seriously, time passed very fast when you are enjoying yourself. I actually had a week break in between working for previous employer and new employer. However, that week just came and go in a blink of an eye.

There I was happily cooking drama at home and before you can utter “hastalavistababy” it’s Monday and it’s working day.

I was pretty nervous at first because first day ma…how will my new colleague welcome me? To top that of, I forgot to prepare food for lunch!

Rule #1: Always bring something to eat on the first day of work. This is to be the back up plan in case you can’t make any friends fast enough or get any invitation to join your new colleagues for lunch.

Well of course if you are a social queen then you obviously will not have any issue with this. It helps too if you are a prom queen.

Let’s face it, which guy don’t wanna date their hot colleague for lunch?

Or if you are always a loner and don’t mind eating alone, well….i guess you too won’t have any issue here.

But yours truly here hates to eat alone in public. Out of desperate measure, I grabbed some cookies and stuff in my bag.

Luckily, my colleagues are pretty nice. And I have lunch partners. Thank God!

My first day started as me walking into the office bearing visitor pass (they held my driving licence as hostage!) and fill up forms before the HR Manager came and brief me on the company rules, strata, and bla bla bla… and my first impression is…me don’t really like her….hurhurhur…

THEN I was introduced to EACH and EVERY people in the office – exchanging handshakes and names and pleasantries….to e-ve-li-bo-di….

For two floors!

Obviously, I can’t recognise most of them lor…knowing me, I’m really bad with faces. I can remember names much more easily compare to faces.

But all in all, I suppose this is how big organization works. I mean, good also la, cuz this is definitely the fastest way to intro yourself and get to know others. Whether you remember them or not after that, well, that’s entirely another issue.


LOL

No comments: