Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Byebye home, hello NZ~

I tried spending my last week with my loved ones as much as possible before I depart for NZ. As the date draws nearer and nearer, I was still very calm and unaffected. It was like nothing to me, to be going off to a foreign land for 6 months or so.

For someone who has never been away from home for more than two weeks in her entire life, I did not break down and cry in the airport when all family and friends came to send us off. *Thanks guys! It was really sweet of you!I THOUGHT that I would cry like a babe but turns out, nope, not a drop. Sometimes, I’m amazed with myself too.

I must have been tougher than I looked. Lolx~

Without realising it, I have practically survived a week here in NZ. Rejoice!!! Hooray to that!!!! If I can survive til Monday, I think I can unashamedly declare myself a survivor hurhurhur~~~ Why? That’s for another post;p

My flight here for KUL to AUK was pretty uneventful, doing the normal things you do in a flight. It was bright and sunny when we touchdown Auckland, and the weather was not really cold at all.

And I had my jacket on. How smart of me. I was practically roasted.

Checked in to Pentlands Hostel in Mt Eden, which is like a true gem! It was like, only 10 minutes walk to the supermarket which is great to get our grocery stuffs. Did I mention the Countdown Supermarket is open 24/7?

B.L.I.S.S.

Mt Eden boasts a small town that has all the necessary things you need eg: post office, banks, supermarket, food outlets, internet café, hmmm what else you need?

Oh, I have no idea how long it takes from the airport to Mt Eden as I was practically asleep on my way there. A result of only getting 3 hours worth of sleep on my flight. (despite it was a 10 hour long night flight)

The people here are very friendly and we made a few new friends too in the backpackers hostel that we stayed in. It was cool! The angel must be smiling down on us as we get to know a HK lady who’s about to leave NZ. She gave us all her seasonings! Now we can save on seasoning as well^^v

Only stayed at Pentlands for 3 nights, but it does feels like home away from home. Oh, as of March 2011, BBH members’ rate is NZD24/night. It is not the cheapest I know, but I think it’s worth every penny of it.

That’s my two cent.

toodles~

No comments: