Sunday, October 2, 2011

Job hunting in Nelson

I know I haven't update my blog as often as I should. This is totally due to the laziness in me. I just can't bring myself to type on my lappie. Finally I muster my self to write some update here. Probably will be just a short one. Well, you'll know why. Nuff said!


Right from the start, we planned to go to Nelson for job hunting. We understand that there's a big factory there *cough* Sealord *cough* We went there only to be told that the recruitment is handled by an agency. No choice, we knocked on every angecy doors in Nelson. As usual, we were just asked to leave our name and contact numbers. If there's anything come up they'll contact us.


Yup, not much work at the moment/season of the year. Bummer! We even tried our luck at the local supermarket stores and stuff. Still no luck. It almost feels like our trip here is a waste. Our only consolation was the backpackers we stayed in.


THE BUG.


It was absolutely the best ever backpackers we have stayed in by far. Absolutely amazing. We felt right at home immediately. The place was great, beautiful and looked new. The kitchen was well equipped with good quality pots and pans. The other patrons there were uber nice people, the host, Anthony was simply wonderful!


We were given one whole apartment unit to ourselves with 2 bedrooms and 1 private bathroom! How cool is that?! There's also free internet wifi. Upon checking in, there's free welcoming chocolate waiting for us on the bed!!!! Free coffee and tea and also free fresh homemade breads every morning! Talk about heaven!


No, the price did not kill us at all! In fact, it is consider the cheapest one we can get in Nelson. Definitely worth every penny spent I swear!


Since we haven't got much luck in Nelson, we even went to Motueka to search for job opportunity. Alas, no luck there as well. Seriously, that time really feels like doomsday. I started to think that, what if we can't land ourselves a job soon? What would happened then? Our fund has started to dried up and we desperately needs a source of income to keep us floating.


Fear finally creeps into my heart. I understand that job doesn't falls down from sky just like that. However, as it is winter season and there really wasn't much job available, I dread the idea that we might possibly just have to do vineyard pruning.


Gosh I had heard of so much horror tales of vineyard pruning. All of it drives down to one main point: - It is hard, intensive labour work that it is the worst possible nightmare to anyone who's been there and done that. Grrrrr~~~


Finally the day that I dreaded most has arrived. Dinosaur finally said the unevitable. He said, since we can't find any work at the moment, we had no choice but to heads back to Blenheim and look for vineyard job. I shuddered at the thought of that. However, as much as I hated the idea, I am rational enough to know that we really had no choice.


Just as when we were all but given up our hopes in Nelson, miracle happens! On our final night in Nelson - The Bug, it is as though Lady Luck is smiling upon us.


This is when we met Martin.

No comments: